I think that the representation of youth hasn't changed from past to present as the media still demonise youths and creates deviance amplification towards them. I think that youths now have more say in the media however it is still limited. I feel that even if young adults who understand youths more take control of the media, within time I think the attitude towards youths will still remain. The only way I think this could change would be to change the person who is in charge after so long.
Younger writers/directors will help the youths to be seen in a more positive way and will challenge the hegemony that is seen today. However young writers and directors must be constant as youths will change gradually and will need young people in this industry to maintain to positive attitude society will have towards them.
I personally do not think that these representations will change. With the society we live in today it is extremely difficult. Unless young writers and directors are taken more seriously, Plan B's actions are put into place and everyone focuses on this issue (as well as the youths showing a positive attitude towards this) then it may be possible. I feel that it may work to some extent but after a while the drive to do all of this work will vanish and youths will eventually feel the same as they do to this day.
I think that the representation of youths on the internet is shown positively as youths create blogs for their passions and can truly express how they feel, in a good way. Some youths lives have changed through the internet and it could also help change youths of today also. Although youtube and Facebook could be used against it's nature, the youths that do this is a very small minority in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment